POM PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
By visiting this website or otherwise interacting with Piece of Magic Entertainment BV you agree that you have read this Policy and agree to POM’s processing of your personal data in accordance with this Policy.
Piece of Magic Entertainment BV (“POM” for short) is a company incorporated in The Netherlands, under Company Registration Number KvK 69096147 and with its Registered Office located at Eerste Passeerdersdwarsstraat 104, 1016 XD Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
TYPES OF INFORMATION POM COLLECTS:
POM collects two basic types of information personal information and anonymous information, and may use personal information to create a third type of information aggregate information:
Information you provide:
• Registration information you provide when you sign up for mailing lists, including: your name; email address; city, town, county and country, of residence;
• Information you expressly provide when you use this website, or POM’s applications on third-party sites or platforms such as social networking sites;
o User Client ID generated by Cookies which are unique to you;
o Referrer information (e.g. location of link you clicked to reach our page);
o Campaign tag information (e.g. hashtags);
o User Agent information (e.g. browser type);
o Device (e.g. iPhone, iPad, Android);
o IP Address;
o Country and City location data (based on IP); and
o User’s click events (i.e. where you point and click on our site).
• Information provided by individuals in the course of business (such as e-mail addresses, financial information from Cinema’s and Sub-Distributors booking content through us); and
• Location information when you visit this website, including location information provided by a mobile device interacting with this site, your IP address, device information, browser type, referral source, length of visit, operating system, number of page views, when you open emails POM sends, or other similar information which POM is permitted by law to process.
Information received from third parties:
• POM may also receive information about you from third parties where you have expressly consented to such third party sharing your information with us for specific purposes (e.g. where you have indicated to such third party that you wish to hear more about POM and its services and/or content) and/or information received pursuant to a contract we may have in respect of a specific piece of content.
HOW POM COLLECTS YOUR INFORMATION:
POM collects the information you provide to us when you request services or information from us, respond to customer surveys, participate in our activities (such as engaging with our social networks, entering our competitions or obtaining content directly from us), participate in other activities related to POM communications and/or content, or otherwise interact with us using one or more devices.
Please be aware that when you provide information to POM on a third-party site or platform (for example, via social networks or mailing list service providers) the information which you provide may be separately collected by such third-party.
POM does not control third-party sites or platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, MailChimp, SurveyMonkey, and Powster) and this Policy does not apply to them. Please consult the policy of the relevant third party to find out how they collect and use your information.
HOW POM USES YOUR INFORMATION:
You agree that POM may use your information for the following purposes:
• to provide you with access to this website, and provide any services or information that you may have requested from us;
• provided that you have opted in to hearing from us, to keep in contact with you about upcoming POM content and services that POM believes may be of interest to you;
• where you have provided consent to do so, to share your information with other selected third parties to enable them to contact you on POM’s behalf;
• to provide Content pursuant to a written contractual agreement between us;
• to optimise or improve POM’s products, services and operations;
• to improve this website, and ensure that information on it is presented in the most effective and optimal manner;
• to enforce, protect and defend legal rights (including those of third party rights owners in respect of any content distributed by POM) and to detect, investigate and prevent activities which may violate POM policies or be illegal;
Further, in accordance with local laws, and choices and controls which may be available to you, POM may use information collected from you or devices associated with you to:
• send you offers and promotions for its content and services or relevant third-party content or services;
• personalise content and experiences; and
• provide you with advertising based on your activity on this website and POM’s social networks and on third-party sites and applications.
Cookies are small pieces of information, often in the form of encrypted text files, that are placed on your device when you visit a website which allow the website owner to monitor your use of their site, simplify your user experience and to bring together information which is collected about you.
You have the ability to choose to have your device warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies, by changing your browser settings. However, if you turn cookies off, you will lose access to certain features that may make your user experience more efficient and some services will not function properly.
For information about how to change the way your browser interacts with cookies, please visit the ‘Help’ section of your internet browser or visit http://allaboutcookies.orgfor further general information regarding the way in which cookies work.
The names of the cookies used by this website, and the purpose for which they are used are as follows:
These cookies collect information, in an anonymous form, about how visitors use this website; such as the number of visitors to the website, where visitors have come to the site from, and the specific pages which they visited during each session. This information is used to compile reports and improve the site.
Google Tag Manager
These cookies are used to supplement analytics and ad campaigns via Google DoubleClick.
These cookies are used to determine whether or not to show the cookie acceptance banner to a user on each visit. This is added on your first visit to this website and used to prevent the banner from showing on each occasion thereafter.
These cookies are used to determine whether or not a user has previously visited the website.
These cookies are used to identify each user’s session on POM’s server, to prevent a user from having to re-approve banners or resubmit
information when clicking through from one page to another.
Login (Download Centre only)
These cookies are added when a user signs in to the Download Centre to identify an authenticated user.
These cookies are added when there is a form on the relevant page and used to prevent cross site request forgery.
This website may also contain content and links to third-party websites that also operate cookies. POM does not control these third-party websites or cookies and this Policy does not apply to them. Please consult the policy of the relevant third party to find out how they collect and use your information.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION WITH OTHER COMPANIES:
POM will not share your information with any third party, save for the following circumstances:
• sharing with POM’s affiliates and group companies and/or licensors where necessary and in connection with the one or more of the uses listed above;
• where such information is shared with a third party in connection with:
o the sale of a business;
o to protect POM and/or a third-party rights holder’s rights or property;
o to comply with legal process or other cases if POM believes in good faith that such disclosure is required by law;
• where you have given POM consent to share your personal information with another company, such as electing to share your information with content owners or rights holders so that they can send you offers and promotions about their products or services;
• where you have directed POM to share your information with third-party sites or platforms, including social networks and select third parties with whom POM works whereby sharing such information is necessary for the purpose of delivering the services that you have requested (e.g. MailChimp, SurveyMonkey, and Powster).
Please note that once your information has been shared with another company, the information received by such company becomes subject to that company’s own privacy practices.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS STORED:
POM uses appropriate technological and operational security measures to protect your information against any unauthorised access to or unlawful use.
HOW LONG IS YOUR INFORMATION KEPT FOR?
Where you have expressly consented to our collection and use of your personal data, POM will retain the relevant information for as long as is necessary to provide you with the services that you have requested from us or for as long as otherwise permitted by law.
However, to ensure that we always have the most up to date consent and accurate data from you, POM will contact you by e-mail to seek renewed consent at least once during a specified time period depending on the type of Content we are contacting you about and how frequently we are able predict future releases of similar content.
These e-mail communications will ask you to expressly re-subscribe and provide your current details. If you do not respond, we will assume that you no longer wish to hear from us and will remove you from the mailing list until such time as you actively re-subscribe.
WHERE YOUR INFORMATION IS STORED:
POM’s servers are situated in the European Economic Area (predominately the The Netherlands) and all of the information that we collect about you will be stored on these servers.
Unless required by any specific law or regulation, we will not share your information outside of the European Economic Area without your explicit consent.
YOUR RIGHTS, CONTROLS AND CHOICES:
POM provides you with the ability to exercise certain controls regarding its collection, use and sharing of your information. In accordance with local law, your controls and choices may include:
• You may change your choices for subscriptions, newsletters and alerts;
• You may choose whether to receive from us offers and promotions regarding POM’s content or services, or content, products or services which POM believes may be of interest to you;
• You may choose whether POM shares your information with other companies so that they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services;
• You may choose whether to receive targeted advertising from any ad networks, data exchanges, marketing analytics and other service providers by visiting http://www.aboutads.info/choices.
You may exercise your controls and choices by following instructions provided in any communications sent to you or by contacting us via email on email@example.com.
In addition, you have certain rights in respect of the information which POM holds about you, including:
• the right to ask POM not to process your personal information for marketing purposes;
• the right to request access to the information POM holds about you;
• the right to object to processing likely to cause or is causing damage or distress;
• the right to object to decisions being taken by automatic means; and
• the right, in certain circumstances, to have inaccuracies in your personal information rectified, or to have your information blocked, erased or destroyed.
POM reserves the right to make changes to this Policy from time to time and as may be necessary to new technologies, industry practices, regulatory requirements or other purposes.
In the event that any such changes are material, POM will notify you, and, where required by applicable law, obtain your consent.